Learning & Enrichment Opportunities
YLNG urges all members to take advantage of an array of opportunities that the university provides to help staff members manage and enrich their careers.
Networking and Career Support
Featured Jobs at Yale
Student Services Coordinator- 64208BR
The Student Services Coordinator will provide high-level support to the Office of Student Affairs (OSA) programs, initiatives, and services at Yale Divinity School and further the office’s mission of assisting students and student organizations. This position is part time, 20 hours a week and is Part Year (10 months a year).
The following are responsibilities of the position:
- Serving as the primary point of contact for students and other visitors.
- Demonstrating a thorough knowledge of OSA functions, practices, and events, as well as the ability to direct individuals to appropriate persons, offices, and resources.
- Using relevant University systems, technologies, and reporting tools to manage receipts and process reimbursements.
- Managing roster of student workers and approval of timecards.
- Assisting with event planning for major school events such as Before the Fall Orientation (BTFO), Convocation, All-School Conference, and Commencement providing administrative support to BTFO co-leaders.
- Attending and participating in all major Office of Student Affairs events.
- Assisting with student event planning by ordering supplies.
- Completing special projects for Associate Dean of Student Affairs as needed.
- Preparing and disseminating correspondence through internal “divmail” system.
The Biochemistry, Quantitative Biology, Biophysics, and Structural Biology (BQBS) Track Graduate Registrar provides customer service-oriented academic, financial, and data-driven administrative support to first-year graduate students within the track and their faculty. This position reports directly to the MB&B Faculty & Academic Support Manager and supports the work of the BQBS Co-Directors and the Director of Graduate Admissions. track-related activities and maintains the bqbs.registrar email account; monitors students’ progress in their first academic year, compiles and analyzes data for faculty advisors; coordinates BQBS events and activities throughout the year including lab rotations, rotation talks and associated survey evaluations throughout the year; enters funding decisions into the Graduate Student Payroll System with an understanding of the impact on grant reporting and tax implications; coordinates orientation events for incoming students in August and administers academic activities such as online course selection, enrollment, and faculty advising sessions; maintains a library of Qualtrics surveys. In partnership with the BQBS DGA the BQBS Track Graduate Registrar: develops, drives, and coordinates admissions activities from the point of initial inquiry through the admissions process and enrollment, monitors and maintains student applicant data using SLATE and various in-house tracking sheets; arranges recruitment travel, housing, and events and processes related reimbursements; coordinates faculty interviews for recruits; monitors students’ progress in their first academic year and compile and analyze data for faculty advisors; coordinates BQBS events and activities throughout the year. Performs all duties with limited supervision. May provide cross-coverage for the MB&B graduate program, as needed. May perform other duties, as assigned. Occasional hours working on the medical campus, as needed.
This part time, 20 hours a week position will require some weekend work hours during prospective student visiting weekend.