In honor of National Veterans and Military Families Month, the Yale Latino Networking Group invites you to remember “Los Veteranos” and thank them for their service. We are truly thankful of “Los Veteranos” and invite Yale Latinos to reflect while giving thanks. Check out our curated resources, volunteer opportunities, and events below.
- Commemorating National Hispanic Heritage Month | The National WWII Museum | New Orleans (nationalww2museum.org)
- The National Child Traumatic Stress Network resources for military children and families, educators, and civilian and non-civilian mental health providers
- Purchase items for care packages or host a drive to benefit deployed soldiers.
- Write letters to active military and veterans. Handwritten letters can be notes of encouragement, a story about yourself, a poem, or even a picture. Letters will be distributed to active military and/or veterans at United Way community partner agencies throughout Greater Hartford.
- Donate to provide a kit to a veteran experiencing homelessness. Kits will be distributed through United Way-supported programs.
- City of New Haven Annual Veterans Day Ceremony – Thursday, November 11 | 11 AM | New Haven City Hall, 165 Church Street, 2nd Floor
- Veterans Day Ceremony – Thursday, November 11 | 12-1 PM | Hewitt University Quadrangle/Beinecke Plaza, 111 Wall Street
- National Veterans Council for Legal Redress Veterans Day Celebration – Thursday, November 11 | 1 PM | Vietnam Memorial Monument, Long Wharf Drive
Denim & Pearls Veterans Awards and Scholarship Fundraiser - Thursday, November 18 | 7-9 PM | Zoom