April 30, 2021
Spring is here!! The days are longer and the weather is getting warmer. It’s the perfect time to get outdoors, enjoy some hiking, or start a garden. Whatever you do, stay active and stay healthy!!
Join us in celebrating Yale Earth Week 2021 from April 19th-23rd. Explore earthweek.yale.edu for hundreds of new opportunities for learning, connecting, and action by and for the Yale community.
- Healthy Me with Cheri Eleazer
- Gentle Yoga for Terrible Times – Simple and accessible breathing exercises, stretches, and guided meditation for all bodies, minds, and spirits.
- FitStyle By Shana – Stay active with Shana’s various classes and workshops.
- 2021 Greater New Haven Heart Walk Digital Experience - Walk where you are, when you want, and get active while saving lives! Join us April 25 - May 1 for Wellness Week and get moving!
- Do you need help with your diet and workout routine? Check out these apps you can download on your phone. 20 Best Health Apps in 2020, According to Doctors and Dietitians (prevention.com).
- Rise and Shine! Mindful Movement in the Morning – Begin your day with the gifts of movement, breath and balance. Join Danielle Casioppo, MS, RYT, Education Specialist/Coordinator, Registered Yoga Teacher, for an energizing 50-minute wellness session which focuses on gentle stretching, basic seated and standing yoga postures and yogic breathing practices to increase vitality and joy while balancing the body and mind.
- Yale Community Drop-In Meditation - Free afternoon group meditation for the Yale community. Meditations are about 30 minutes long and a mix of guided and silent. Time for reflections and optional sharing is also included at the conclusion of the practice.
- Mental Health Awareness Month: NAMI Support, Education, and Advocacy – Bruce Gordon, president of the Elm City Chapter of NAMI (National Alliance on Mental Illness) will present an overview of NAMI’s work in the areas of support, education, and advocacy. He will particularly focus on NAMI’s services in Connecticut.
- 11 Simple Tips to Get Healthy Skin - Natural Food Series
- Skin care tips for men (aad.org)
- Detect skin cancer: How to perform a skin self-exam (aad.org)
Nutrition and Recipes:
- Demystifying the Mediterranean Diet – Decades of research have proven the various health benefits of the Mediterranean diet, including reducing your risk of chronic diseases and cancer and helping you achieve and maintain a healthy weight. The Mediterranean diet is also known as the “Gold Standard” for healthful eating. Join us for this virtual presentation, which will cover simple steps you can take to adopt a Mediterranean eating pattern.
- 25 Best Spring Recipes - Spring is the ultimate season for fresh produce. Bright and refreshing, our veggie-forward dishes will awaken your taste buds after winter’s heavy meals.
- 20 Best Keto Recipes for Beginners - It’s undeniable that the eating plan (keto, for short) has taken the world by storm. Feeling a little lost? It’s essentially a high-fat, low-carb dietary regime that results in a sharp departure from foods many are accustomed to eating (bid farewell to bread and most fruits!).
- TIAA 4 Steps to Greater Financial Know-How
- This month, the Greater New Haven Branch of the NAACP will being hosting Financial Literacy Sessions each week.